You might find some of these helplines and websites useful. Most helplines provide an information service as well as emotional support. You never have to feel alone and DON’T be afraid to ask for help.
Support for those suffering from depression and for their families and friends. They provide support through mail, phone, support groups, life skills programme and relatives education programme. For more information see the website at the link below.
- Helping: 1890 303 302 (Monday to Sunday 10 am to 10 pm)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.aware.ie
Supporting people affected by eating disorders. They provide support though helpline, support group, online support groups, teen only online support group and email.
- Helpline: 1890 200 444 (The helpline is open for two hours during each session)
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.bodywhys.ie
Is a free 24 hour counselling service for children and young people up to 19 years of age.
- Helpline: 1800 66 66 66 (24hr Freephone)
- Text: Text talk to 50101
- Website: www.childline.ie
Pieta House provides a free, therapeutic approach to people who engage in self-harm and are in suicidal distress.
Advice and information for people with an intellectual disability.
The Alzheimer Society of Ireland
Offering information and support to anyone affected by Alzheimer’s or dementia.
- Helpine: 1800 341 341 (Mon to Fri from 10.00-17.00 and Sat from 10.00-16.00)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.alzheimer.ie